23 September, 2022
GSK Mumbai Hiring Regional Medical Advisor- Vaccines
Job Title–Regional Medical Advisor – Vaccines
Line Manager Job Title – General Manager, Medical Affairs (Adult Vaccines)
- Provide scientific and technical expertise of the highest standards for local medical information, including interactions with Key External Experts (KEEs) and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Provide medical and scientific input and information for business strategy for the region (North / South/East/West India)
- Develop and sustain credible networking with appropriate Health Care Practitioners (HCPs)
- Plan, facilitate and conduct CMEs, symposia, trainings, workshops, scientific meetings, speaker tours, and other product specific campaigns and deliver scientific presentations with consistent messages for key products at these meetings, as required.
- Support and deliver scientific presentations with consistent “on label” messages at Standalone Promotional Meetings (SPM) planned by Business colleagues.
- Understand principles of, and support Scientific Engagement (SE) activities as per Medical Plans.
- Have clarity in understanding on Scientific Engagements and Promotional Code.
- Become an expert in vaccine preventable diseases where GSK have brands and support associated activities related to those brands.
- Be updated on scientific knowledge on vaccine preventable diseases; GSK vaccines and its PI to ensure its ‘On Label’ communications on various platforms.
- Support in feasibility assessment of potential research sites, develop concept notes, proposals, budgets, data collection and monitoring tools for field studies.
- Provide medical inputs into development and execution of brand strategy.
- Pharmacovigilance: Support Named Safety contact in strengthening of Vaccine Pharmacovigilance; ensure self learning.
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required:-
- Minimum Level of Education – MBBS with post graduate qualification
Area of Specialization – Infectious Disease, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Pharmacology, Pulmonology, Immunology, Diabetology
- Preferred Level of Education – Post graduate qualification in Paediatrics / Microbiology / Pharmacology / Public Health
Job-Related Experience :-
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required :-
- 2 – 5 years in the pharmaceutical / vaccines / biologicals industry
- Research experience, ideally in pediatrics, immunology, epidemiology, infectious diseases or public health.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, local language
- Experience of presenting scientific topics at different settings
- A sound understanding of the principles and practice of ICH-GCP and internal SOPs.
- Well-demonstrated ability to understand scientific methods and experimental design
Other Job-Related Skills/Background :-
General Competencies –
- Presentation skills at Scientific and Promotional meetings
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical writing skills
- Keep up to date with new developments
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues
- Share knowledge with other team members
- Work as part of a team to reach common goals
- Deliver creative ideas for continuous improvement
- Develop good relationships with key opinion leaders