19 August, 2022
Merck is Hiring Lead Expert – Scientific Writer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Global Content Creation team is a newly established, expanding internal group responsible for developing Medical Communications, Medical Education Programs and Medical Information content. The team is a key part of a fully integrated, productive, and quality focused global group working together across our Medical Affairs organization. The team is based in Healthcare’s R&D (Research & Development) Excellence center in Bengaluru. Our one team philosophy underpins our vision; through expertise and trusted partnership be the industry leading lighthouse for scientific exchange to enhance patient care for better and longer lives.
We are seeking experienced scientific writing professionals who would like to develop their career and join us in this exciting undertaking.
- Develop medical content for a range of project types, audiences and writing styles including but not limited to medical communication content (including publications) and/or Medical Education content with an opportunity to undertake a wider range of content development work
- Work independently to develop high-quality, scientifically accurate, strategically aligned, ethical, and compliant medical content
- Critically review the scientific content developed by peers to ensure strategic alignment and scientific accuracy as needed
- Contribute to discussions on strategy, tactical execution, and communication approaches for assigned projects
- Participate in key internal meetings with Global colleagues, assisting in preparation of medical affairs materials
- Train and mentor scientific writers by sharing best practices; contribute to skill development of relatively less experienced team members
Who you are
- 9+ years professional experience in an international Pharma/Biotech/agency setting
- Proven track record of successful scientific writing
- Advanced university degree in science, medicine or another related subject, preferably with a PhD
- Therapeutic expertise/experience in one or more of key therapy areas (Oncology, Neurology and Immunology, Fertility, Cardio-metabolic and Endocrinology)
- Experienced and comfortable with developing a range of content types, sometimes concurrently
- Awareness of the pharmaceutical business and trends in the industry
- Experience in managing projects cross-functionally and in an international setting
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand complex processes, project management and project leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English language)