17 August, 2022
Syneos Health is Hiring Sr Safety & PV Specialist – Case Processing +QC + Workflow Mgmt
Senior Safety & Pharmacovigilance Specialist
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Coordinating workflow to ensure delivery of project.
- Escalates issues with project deliverables, finance and quality to Safety Program Delivery Lead/Manager or Line Manager as appropriate in a timely manner
- Has an understanding of financial measures, work orders, performance metrics (including quality parameters, monthly budget reports, and changes in scope) and project budgets.
- Prepares Safety Management Plan.
- Assists in the preparation and participates in internal project review meetings as required.
- May enter information into PVG quality and tracking systems for receipt and tracking ICSR.
- May process ICSRs according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and project/program- specific safety plans.
- Triages ICSRs, evaluates ICSR data for completeness, accuracy, and regulatory report ability.
- Enters data into safety database.
- Codes events, medical history, concomitant medications and tests.
- Compiles complete narrative summaries.
- Assesses information to be queried and follows up until information is obtained and queries are satisfactorily resolved.
- Participates in the generation of timely, consistent and accurate reporting of expedited reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with data management staff concerning reconciliation of safety data between the clinical and safety databases
- Ensures distribution of all required individual expedited and periodic reports for both clinical and post-marketing projects to the Safety Submissions team if contracted to submit the reports.
- Provides training of Investigators on ICSR reporting
- Participate in audits/inspections as required
- Ensures all relevant documents are submitted to the Trial Master File (TMF) as per company SOP/Sponsor requirements for clinical trials and the Pharmacovigilance System Master File for post-marketing programs as appropriate.
- Maintains understanding and compliance with SOPs, Work Instructions (WIs), global drug/biologic/device regulations, GCPs, ICH guidelines, GVP, project/program plans and the drug development process.
What we’re looking for
Bachelor’s Degree in life science, registered nurse, pharmacist or an equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the individual the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Safety Database systems and knowledge of medical terminology required
Should have 6+ years of working experience in ICSR Case processing related activitiesShould have working experience on QC related activities
Should have working experience workflow management related activities
In depth understanding of clinical trial process across Phases II-IV and/or post-marketing safety requirements, ICH GCP, GVP and regulations related to Safety and Pharmacovigilance
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Visio, email (Outlook), TeamShare (or other management/shared content/workspace) and internet.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
Strong organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks and projects
Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
Able to make effective decisions