IQVIA Hiring Sr Medical Writer
29 April, 2022
Acts as Lead Medical Writer on most types of writing projects. Prepares assigned documents in accordance with IQVIA Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and customer requirements as well as to the agreed timelines. Performs Senior Review of straightforward medical writing deliverables. Negotiates timelines and discusses/resolves customer comments.
Provides written and verbal feedback to junior staff, and to customers when appropriate.
Keeps abreast of current medical and/or technical writing/regulatory knowledge, including Good Clinical Practice (GCP), along with developments and advances in drug development/medical and/or technical writing.
- Take a leading role in preparing assigned documents, including, but not limited to, confirming the scope of the task, confirming templates and specifications, negotiating and adhering to timelines, organizing document reviews, communicating directly with the customer.
- Plan and organize workload for assigned projects and tasks: identify project needs, track timelines and implement customer requests.
- Lead meetings on more challenging topics independently.
- May present on standard Medical Writing processes at full-service bid defense meetings.
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff, either formally as an assigned mentor or ad hoc for local colleagues or others. May develop and deliver training to the global team on a topic he/she has specific expertise in. May input into and deliver presentations on Medical Writing to other IQVIA groups.
- May act as Project Manager for a more complex but single Medical Writing project which includes Project Finance/Invoicing responsibilities.
- Complete project finance activities, including monitoring and forecasting budgeted hours.
- Propose, review and approve budgets and costings for routine projects, including estimation of hours needed for Medical Writing tasks.
- May take on a small customer lead role or assist an established partnership lead in their role.
- May represent region or site on a Medical Writing initiative or cross-functional initiative.
- Facilitates and brainstorms the identification of new ideas. May represent Medical Writing at a general capabilities audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences related discipline or related field Req
- Master’s Degree Master’s Degree in life sciences related discipline or related field
- Ph.D. Ph.D. in life sciences related discipline or related field Pref
- Typically requires at least 5 years of highly relevant experience and related competency levels. Req
- In-depth knowledge of the structural and content requirements of clinical study reports, protocols, and similar documents and ability to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies in a protocol or report. Req
- Good understanding of common statistical methods used in clinical trials and/or interpretation of their results.
- Ability to effectively review a statistical analysis plan and to identify deficiencies, errors, and inconsistencies in statistical output Req
- Ability to integrate, interpret, and summarize data from a variety of sources in a clear and concise manner.
- Significant experience as a lead writer in preparing CSRs and protocols, with consistently positive feedback from customers and colleagues. Req
- In depth knowledge of drug development, medical writing, and associated regulations. Good understanding of statistical principles and of medical terminology across a range of therapeutic areas. Req
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident and effective communication and negotiation skills with customers and project managers.
- Able to deliver difficult messages in constructive manner.
- Demonstrates initiative and sound judgement when faced with less familiar project/document situations or challenges.
- Demonstrated abilities in collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Demonstrates confidence and maturity in most routine medical writing situations.
- Demonstrates good judgement in requesting input from senior staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to proactively evaluate risks and potential issues and seek solutions and discuss appropriately with colleagues and customers.
- Must be computer literate.
Apply through this Link