About the job
SPVG Scientific Specialist I
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Assists with safety and pharmacovigilance activities including (but not limited to) literature screening and review, drug coding, maintenance of drug dictionary, Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities (MedDRA) coding, case processing or review of individual case safety reports, authoring or review of aggregate reports and ongoing safety evaluation activities. The processing of information may include filtering, cleaning, migrating, analysing, reporting, filing or publication of data and information.
- Maintains safety tracking for assigned activities
- Fosters constructive and professional working relationships with all project team members, internal and external
- Participates in audits as required/appropriate
- Applies safety reporting regulatory intelligence maintained by Syneos Health to all safety reporting activities
- Files documents according to project specific requirements (electronically or in hard copy as applicable)
- Provides support with miscellaneous project tasks related to safety and pharmacovigilance activities
- Ensures all relevant documents are submitted to the Trial Master File (TMF) as per company SOP/Sponsor requirements for clinical trials and the Program Specific FIle or Pharmacovigilance System Master File for post-marketing programs as appropriate
- Maintains an understanding and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), global drug/biologic/device regulations, GCP, ICH guidelines, the drug development process and GVP
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in life science, registered nurse, pharmacist or an equivalent combination of education and experience that gives the individual the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Safety and Pharmacovigilance experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Visio, email (Outlook), TeamShare (or other management/shared content/workspace) and internet.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken
- Strong organizational and documentation skillsx
- Able to make effective decisions
- Detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of ICH guidelines, GVP and regulations relating to Safety and Pharmacovigilance
Apply through below link